Friday, March 15, 2019

Awesome

Hello crafty friends! Friday is my day off, and so I always treat myself to a little time in the craft room before I get started on any errands or work I need to do here at home. And because I love to get started with a sketch, I headed over to Paper Issues to see what they had for a sketch challenge this month:


No photo description available.



This sketch looked like so much fun, and while I'd really love to use the hexagons, my heart was saying "Stars". So here's what I came up with:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

These were pics of my son last week at his Indoor Track Awards Banquet, and since he was one of the State All Stars, I just had to include stars in my background! I've had this great piece of messy grid paper in my stash for YEARS and YEARS, and the blues and greens where just what I was looking for. I had a great star cut file, but rather than using as is, I fussy cat around each star so that I only had the outline, and it didn't cover too much of that great messy background. I added the black foam "awesome" for the title and also pulled out my Dymo label maker and punched out the "indoor track award winner" as a sub title. Strips of journaling layered over a silver doily for  little bling, and this fun layout was complete! Thanks for stopping by. =) T

Challenges entered:
Paper Issues- sketch
The Studio Challenges- fussy cutting
Pile It On- your favorite color
Love to Scrap- anything goes

2 comments:

  1. Love this boy's layout, did you fussy cut the stars because I love them or did you fussy cut the title because than you did something pretty amazing. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge. Love all the stars. Thanks for joining us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!