Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Yay Last Day

Hello crafty friends! back again with a fun layout I made the other day.I was trying to finish up a few March challenges over at Paper Issues, and when I saw the challenge "Sassy Scallops" I just knew it was time to break out my new Rainbow Border Maker Cartridge I just got from my friend and Creative Memories consultant Karen

I pulled out my latest kit from The Wild Hare Kits and grabbed this fabulous rainbow striped paper from Heidi Swapp. I was hoping the stripes would be thick enough to punch into individual rainbow borders. I started punching and it was like this pattern paper was made for this punch!

Image may contain: stripes 

So after punching apart the ENTIRE sheet, I had a pile of rainbows in ALL THE COLORS!! Played a bit with the placement, I really didn't need that many rainbows.... watch for them to pop up again in a future layout! So here's what I came up with:


Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling 

Since I was only using 1 photo (my kiddos on the last day of 10th and 11th grade last June), the full 12" rainbows would have really overpowered the picture. I decided to place the pic on an angle and just used 5 border pieces trimmed down to 4" in length.  I really like how it frames the photo and draws you right in. I added 2 little strips of notebook-punched index cards to reinforce the "school" theme, sprinkled some star sequins, and of course did a tiny bit of messy mixed media. I just added a splash of light blue Shimmerz on either side of the photo. 

I really had NO IDEA what to do for a title...by the time your kids are finishing 10th and 11th grade, you have blown through every possible creative "last day of school" title! But I had this "yay" sticker in my stash, and so I know "Yay Last Day" is kind of silly, but it uses a sticker and I got to use my favorite new ABC stamps from Mama Elephant! Thanks for stopping by! =) T

Challenges Entered:
Paper Issues- scallops
Pile It On- rainbow
Southern Girls- someone special

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!