I'm a little late to the party...but after stalking everyone's versions pocket scrapping, I've finally decided to take the plunge and give it a try myself! As I go through this adventure, I will update this page with tips and tricks I find that are helpful to me, and might be helpful to you as well!
- I decided to take part in Ali Edwards' One Little Word project, and chose the word "Brave".Not sure how this project will filter into my pockets, but having fun searching for ideas so far!
- In searching for "Brave" inspiration I came across this fabulous pocket scrapper. Love the look of this 8 1/2x11 book from Elsie Blaha
- I am loving the style of Krafty Kat, stop by her blog to see her Project Life...In Pink!
- Want to get inspired with a fabulous 12x12 PL layout? Check out the latest from Scrapping Mom of One Inspiring Boy
- There are some very talented paper crafters out there doing their own Pocket Scrapbooks. One of my favorites is Mercy Tiara. I was watching one of her You Tube vids recently and she said, "Come up with a system that works for you and stick to it no matter what anyone else is doing". Love that bit of advice, thank you!
- Lynn Kopas is a talented scrapbooker here in MA, she posts her PL pages weekly at her blog Just My Style
- Backyard BBQ season is here! great FREE printables over at Hostess with the Mostess
- Need some free printables? Very sweet ones over at The Tiny Twig
- Looking for some Pocket Scrapping cards to go with this cold weather we've been having? Check out these FREE printables available at Day Dreamer
- Subscriptions to monthly kits are a great way to build your stash with the latest and greatest products. Frosted Designs kits let you choose the option of "clean fun" or "messy fun" depending on your style.
- Need some fabulous printables? Check out these beauties from Elle's Studio.
- What's a Pocket Scrapbook without the goodies? My friend Erica just started subscribing to Studio Calico's Project Life Kit. Can't wait to see what arrives in the mail for her!
- Citrus Twist Kits their PL kits include a 6x6 paper pad, ABC stickers, 2x3 stamp,
washi tape, journal cards, wood veneers and other fun embellies! One month
subscription $20, 3 month subscription $18/month
- Love these digital elements from The Sweet Shoppe
- Jessica Sprague Digital Elements Try using digital elements in your Pocket Scrapbooks, I purchased a winter set from Echo Park this week, uploaded it and then had the elements printed at Walgreens. Super cute and cheap!! Be sure to visit them on Wednesdays for $1 Days!
- Summer is coming and there will be lots of photo ops around the pool. Everyday Rituals has some great tips on taking water-proof pics on the Hello Summer blog post.
- See the Walking Dead pic in the 3rd pocket on my second layout?My son and I are big WD fans, and were really looking forward to the mid-season premiere, but completely forgot to snap a pic. thank you Google Images- it even has the date and time...perfect!!
- I have seen a few people stamp on their pics, and I decided to give it a try (see my "explore" on week 5). Learn from my mistake: only stamp on photos with Stazon, regular water based ink smudges on the glossy surface!!
- Love putting my Instagram pics to good use, and adding graphics and text to the pics before printing is a bonus. Just purchased a fabulous app from Rhonna Designs and it is o fun to play with! I'll have some pics to share in next week's entry showing off what I've been creating!
- For those snapping pics with iphones/ipads, there is a fun app called
Font that allows you to add text, filters, etc to your pics. So Fun!
I'll probably do this when I don't have much to say about the photo.
Remember that hot cocoa and chocolate wine?
- Confetti/Shaker Pocket Tutorial, these things are so stinkin cute and would be really fun on a party page!
- Documenting a special birthday in your pocketed album? Great tips and a beautiful page share from LooDeLoop.
- Not sure what to journal on your Pocket Pages? Read this quick but inspiring blog post over at Write.Click.Scrapbook
- Looking for ideas on pics to take? I've decided to take the #fmsphotoaday challenge from Fat Mum Slim, she has great prompts to help you capture the everyday.
- Ready to print those printables? Save your printer ink for school projects and have yours done at Staples, much more cost effective!!
- Most Pocket Scrapbookers out there are doing the standard 12x12, but
there are also other options like 6x8 and 8.5x11. Check out this idea
for a 2014 Life Planner at Simple As That.
- Need to organize all those goodies? Love this tip from I Am JuJu using silverware drawer organizers to sort all of her cards.
- Want to try an 8 1/2x11 format instead of 12x12? Try these great tips from Triple The Scraps
- Ready to organize all your PL goodies? The Raskog Cart from Ikea is all the rage among the PL world. (It’s sooo pretty, but I’m going to save $75 and stick with my freebie wood Clementine boxes.) Still check this out, it’s scrumptious! http://www.listgirl.com/2013/02/organization-ikea-raskog-cart.html