Sunday, October 24, 2010

Poetic License

I am very excited to be creating for another design team,
Scrap That Poetry! It’s a different direction in scrapbooking for me, but I’m really enjoying the challenge of drawing inspiration from the beautiful poetry that is suggested twice a month. Below is my first “assignment”, to create a layout as inspired by the poem There is Another Sky by Emily Dickenson. Inspired to create too? Be sure to add your link to the Scrap That Poetry blog by Oct 31st to be included in the challenge! =) T

There is Another Sky
by Emily Dickenson

There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
Though it be darkness there;
Never mind faded forests, Austin,
Never mind silent fields—
Here is a little forest,
Whose leaf is ever green;
Here is a brighter garden,
Where not a frost has been;
In its unfading flowers
I hear the bright bee hum:
Prithee, my brother,
Into my garden come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!