Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pocket Scrapping- Week 5

Well I finally decide to give this whole "pocket scrapbooking" craze a try. Since I am an avid scrapper, I felt like the only way you could do a Project Life style project was to ditch scrapping, and I was NOT ready to do that. But after watching many you-tubers who do this in smaller formats, I decided that was they way for me! I already had a cute Sn@p Life 6x8 album and a TON of supplies, so it was an easy, and cheap, project for me to dive into! We are already beginning WEEK FIVE of 2014, so it's definitely time to get started. Here's what i have so far...

This is my opening page, snapped a little pic of each of us holding a chipboard # to represent the year:


 and this is my Week 1:
This page obviously has a red and turquoise color scheme. I'll be changing this up as I go, but it will mainly be bold colors like this, maybe I'll add in some yellows and greens.

I have a few friends joining me in this adventure, and we had a blast Friday night playing with all of our new Pocket Scrapbook goodies, sorting product, looking at pics, and drinking hot cocoa and chocolate wine, soooo good!

This brings me to the point of this post, I'm going to do a weekly PS post with 5 tips and tricks that I'm using in my project, and you may want to use in yours. So...onto the tips:
  1. For those snapping pics with iphones/ipads, there is a fun app called Font that allows you to add text, filters, etc to your pics. So Fun! I'll probably do this when I don't have much to say about the photo. Remember that hot cocoa and chocolate wine?

  2. What's a Pocket Scrapbook without the goodies? My friend Erica just started subscribing to Studio Calico's Project Life Kit. Can't wait to see what arrives in the mail for her!
  3. Need to organize all those goodies? Love this tip from I Am JuJu using silverware drawer organizers to sort all of her cards.
    IMG_6041
  4. Most Pocket Scrapbookers out there are doing the standard 12x12, but there are also other options like 6x8 and 8.5x11. Check out this idea for a 2014 Life Planner at Simple As That.


  5. There are some very talented paper crafters out there doing their own Pocket Scrapbooks. One of my favorites is Mercy Tiara. I was watching one of her You Tube vids recently and she said, "Come up with a system that works for you and stick to it no matter what anyone else is doing". Love that bit of advice, thank you!

    So grab those pics, and lets start filling those pockets! =) T

    To see all of my weekly PS Tips and Tricks categorized for handy-dandy reference, click on my Pocket Scrapping page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!