Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Happy 15!

Hello crafty friends! Yesterday was cold and rainy here in Massachusetts. Not a great June day, but the yucky weather was perfect for staying in and crafting! To get started, I pulled out 3 pics I had from my daughter's 15th bday. Then I began to browse my favorite challenge blogs for inspiration. I first started with the "What's Going Down" challenge at Paper Issues. This required me to keep everything at the bottom 1/3 of the page. And that worked really well with the latest sketch up at Sketches in Thyme, so here's what i came up with:


and here's the sketch I used: 

The PP I used was already beautifully splattered on the bottom 1/3, so it was a perfect starting point. I added strips from a grey scrap along the edges as the sketch asked for, and strips of a pink striped scrap above and below the pics. I squished my title right on top of the photos too, just to keep everything on the bottom of the layout. Added my journaling, a tag and twine, and this fast layout was done! Thanks for stopping by! =) T

2 comments:

  1. Love your background paper - perfect for the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!