Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy New Year from Scrap That Poetry!

It's a new year and that means time for a new poem at Scrap That Poetry! This month we have a lovely poem with a new years flair!

New Year
by Katharine Lee Bates

WHITE year, white year,
Muffled soft in snow,
A diamond spray whose gems are gone
Before their grace we know,
A crystal-coated spray whose hours
Melt when looked upon,
Hoarfrost stars and hoarfrost flowers,
White year!

Green year, green year,
Sweet with sun and showers,
A windblown spray whose blossoms bright
Are the seven-colored hours,
A dancing spray whose leaves are days,
A spray whose leaves delight
In azure gleam and silver haze,
Green year!

New Year, new year
From rosy leaf to gold,
A shining spray on the Tree of Time
Where myriad sprays unfold,
A spray so fair that God may see
And gather it, bloom and rime,
To deck the doors of Eternity,
New Year!
 
Below is my take on the poem, I pulled out photos of a winter hike we took a few years back. I did a white-on-white layout, punching out a TON of snowflakes and adding a few gems and ink for a little color! Would love to see what this poem inspires you to create. Post your layout to Mr Linky over at Scrap That Poetry by January 30th for your chance to be our February Guest Designer! =) T

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your all white layout, reminds me how much I want to do a room in all white in our home!!! I might just have to get my fix by doing an all white layout like you!!!!

    Have a great weekend!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page! Love it.

    As a challenge lover, you might also be interested in my Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!