Sunday, May 22, 2011

Flower Power!

This week everything's coming up roses over at Lasting Memories, and we would love to see your floral projects! Whether you choose to use flowers ON your layout or use a garden photo, it's up to you as long as we see flowers. We can't wait to see what you create!! Here's the floral layout that I came up with:


Yup, it's a Halloween layout, and there really isn't anything floral about the pics, but flowers are such a universal go-with-everything kind of embellishment, at least in my world! To get started on the layout, I used this sketch from Punky Scraps, and combined it with their "laughter" challenge in my "silly mummy" title:
For the floral portion of the project, I used a lovely piece of yellow floral fabric, as well as 3 crocheted flowers made by my friend Rachel (thank you Rachel, love these!!). I added glittered star brads to the centers of the flowers for the Brads and Bling challenge at Alphabet Challenge as well as the Star challenge at Paper Variety. My polka dot background paper, as well as my banner hand-cut from striped paper is for the Stripes and Dots challenge at City Crafter. Now all of these lovely layers, combined with my journaling on my dymo are all for the Lots of Dimension challenge at Studio Challenge.

If you need some more ideas to get you started, be sure to visit the rest of the Design Team at Lasting Memories, then join in the fun and link up your floral layout!! =) T

12 comments:

  1. this is really cool and i love that you showed how versatile flowers really are! awesome pics and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seee... who would have thunk?? Flowers and Halloween. :-) What a great way to showcase the MANY uses of flowers. Very FUN layout you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you put flowers (and stars!) on a Halloween layout, way to think outside the box! thanks for sharing it with us at TPV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea, flowers can adorn any type of layout. This is wonderful. The pictures are so cute also. great job
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    Your layout are beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome and fun LO! In my world flowers are the perfect embellishment also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great LO ... Love your choice of papers ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your LO is wonderful.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great LO :) THanks for playing along : ):) xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute Tiff! Thanks for playing along with us at TPV!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the shout out Tiffany...glad you liked my flowers! Great interpretation of the layout sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your take on the sketch! So much fun...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!