Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Hope all the moms out there are having a wonderful day today, I've just returned from "Lilac Day" in Boston- such a beautiful way to spend the day with my little family! There's a new challenge up at Lasting Memories, to create a project inspired by this photo:
I chose to use the lime green as my main color, and added a splash of yellow (brads) and pink (ribbon). Here's my finished product:


Now, as usual, I HAD to combine a couple other challenges in there, so here's what I did. The title (a quote from a Fleetwood Mac song) is inspired by the texting challenge at CAS-ual Fridays. The NO CARDSTOCK ) I used a piece of cardboard, a pizza circle, a piece from a vintage travel brochure and  a piece of pattern paper), PAINT (puffy paint scallops around the edge), STAMPS (several different ABC fonts to create the title per the All Sorts Challenge), STITCHING (on the ribbon) and TWINE (wrapped through the BUTTERFLIES for Frosted Designs and Sarah Hurley) was all for a recipe challenge at Punky Scraps. My theme for the layout is my college GRADUATION (finally scrapping this one from 2008!!) for the challenge at Celebrate the Occasion.

18 comments:

  1. What a fab LO!!! Love that sentiment and it is SO true!!

    Sounds like you had a wonderful day, Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card with text! Love the Fleetwood Mac inspired sentiment!! Thanks for playing the CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout! Love all the texture and colors! I'm diggin' the vintage brochure you incorporated here :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful you did such a great job using that photo for inspiration. :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy moment. Thanks for sharing and playing along over at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Lo, I love all the layering and adding a splash of color to your main choice. Great picture of course

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful LO - one of my fave songs from the 70's! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!! Hope you'll share more of your beautiful work with us again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is fabulous. Your sentiment is inspiring and such a great subject for it! Thanks for joining our butterfly challenge at Sarah Hurley this week.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiffany: thanks for joining our crop online at Frosted Designs this past weekend, so glad you had the time to join in on my challenge with the butterflies or birds. This is a great way to use the butterflies- I like the idea of the negative space. Check back with us on Thursday to see all the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome LO! I love using songs for my LO's as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My! This is fantastic! Many thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This absoulely wonderful. I have a surprise on my blog for you. Check it out.

    Kim
    http://mycraftingcreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fab honey!
    I love the green papers(my fav) and the kraft is fab!
    Gorjuss layout!
    Hugs Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really cool page!! I love the title!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a great picture, Tiffany! LOVE the way you've used the negative of the butterfly punched paper and the black scallop detailing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! What to combine challenges. I love the texty bits. *wink* So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe :) Love it Tiff!!
    Thanks for playing along with Punky Scraps and Sarah Hurley!

    Nat xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the punched out butterflies look! Thanks for joining us this week at the Sarah Hurley blog.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!