Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Step Into Christmas- Scrap It With a Song

We're singing along to favorite Christmas songs this month at Scrap It With a Song. The latest on the playlist is Step into Christmas by Elton John. Here's my creation:


This was a super-simple twenty-minutes-or-less layout! The jumbo candy circle came in a Creative Memories Christmas kit I've had in my stash for over 2 years! While adorable, it was a little too bright for my taste. So of course I grabbed the ink and roughed it up a bit, and then grabbed my handy dandy Sharpie and doodled along the edges. Just enough to take away the shine and make it more my style. I scalloped the edge of a red scrap to run across the page, added my photos and 3 simple vintage inspired embellies (these were actualy in my friend's stash, isn't it great when you scrap with a friend?) ...and that was it! I definitely could have done more, added ribbons, buttons, etc...but it's done and in the Christmas album so I am happy!!

If you have a chance, please hop on over to Scrap It With a Song and see what the rest of the DT came up with, and check out our DT Call going on right now too. We'd love to have a few new faces join us!! =) T

"Step Into Christmas" linking up to:
-Scrap it With a Song step into christmas
-Sketch N Scrap sketch
Current Sketch
- Color Q color combo
 
-Craftymess vintage christmas
-Scrap our Stash circle around
-True XOXO December Baby!! 

14 comments:

  1. Such a lovely layout, Tiffany! thanks for joining us at the colourQ this week for our color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the candy circle, how fun! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun Christmas layout with the peppermint candy paper and isn't that awesome to get it done in such a short time! So glad you joined us at Sketch n Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout! Thank you for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout & jolly colours. Love the circle.

    Thanks for joining us at craftymess

    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just an adorable layout and I heart the candy cane circle. Hope you enjoyed using our sketch for your page, thanks for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout Tiffany! I found my way here from the Sketch N Scrap site. I also linked up for this great sketch. I just love how you made the sketch into a piece of candy. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable. Love the candy cane circle. it has inspired me to make a similar circle design. Hopefully my cricut has something I can use. thanks for playing with SnS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the candy cane circle. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing with us at SNS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you've done with this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of the colors- thanks for joining in the fun at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great layout the candy cane die cut is just a sweet accent to your page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a great job with the sketch.ow I am hungry for a candy cane. LOL. Thanks for joining us over at S-N-S.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!