Friday, March 24, 2017

Welcome Back! (and Paper Issues Design Team Call)


Hello Friends and Scrappy Friday! I have been out of the blogging loop for a looooong time, and recently have been thinking about how much I've missed it here. The stories we tell through our scrapbooks, the techniques we try (and sometimes fail at), and the connections we make through this fantastic art... I think I'm feeling sentimental today!

Anyway, here I am! I'm starting off with one of my favorites I've created in a while, "Make Every Moment Count". I started with 2 fantastically silly pics my son posted on Instagram (if you have teenagers, you'll understand that this is now the only way I get pics of my kiddos anymore!). This pic was taken on 8th grade Career Day, he and his goofy friends decided to go as "explorers".

To put this layout together, I started with my 2 pics printed as 4x4s, and layered them on an ancient scrap I dug out of my scrap bin (it's a Kraft and mint polka dotted paper, you can find another scrap of it as the base of the top left cluster). I then layered that on top of a kraft chevron pattern, outlined all my pieces with a fine tip sharpie, and then the fun began! Using a bunch of goodies I had from a Paper Issues Swag Bag, I tucked embellies on the bottom left of the photos, top right of the photos, and top left of the layout. This created 3 fun clusters of goodies to look at. My favorite is the "silly" striped acetate that really sums up the friendships of my son and his friends!

And speaking of Paper Issues.... right now they're having a Design Team Call, and I've decided to give it a go. I'm submitting this layout as part of my application, fingers crossed! Thanks for visiting my blog, hope to see you back here again. =) Tiffany

2 comments:

  1. LOL, great photos! Love the LO....at first glance I thought it was a boy scout type LO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I think most of them made their outfits out of pieces of various boy scout uniforms! lol

      Delete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!