Monday, March 12, 2018

Foodies



Hello crafty friends! Last week I moved my craft room downstairs. Now I'm right off the kitchen, sort of in the thick of it and love it! The move has allowed me to get all my crafty stuff together in one place, it's been a bit here, there, and everywhere since I moved into this house a little over a year ago. So it's out of the attic and out of the spare room and out of the garage...and wow I have a LOT of stuff! Time to get crafty, and luckily the move has sparked my creative juices! 

Something I really love to do is participate in online challenges. Not only does it serve as a great jumping-off point, but it also gives a bit of sense of community. You share your work with other scrappers, see what they're creating, and it's almost like being part of a virtual crop. Here's my latest:

Image may contain: 4 people

And I based it on the sketch from the Paper Issues and Stuck?! Sketches partner challenge:

No automatic alt text available.

This was a fun layout to create, and  the easy sketch allowed me to stay within in my "20 minutes or less" perameter. I started with the background paper, while we actually didn't use ANY untensils while consuming food at the Food Truck Festival, the paper fit the theme well, and I was happy to put something to that's been hanging around my stash for a loooong time. The bright colors of the paper coordinated well with the bright colors of my kids' shirts too. I trimmed the background down to 11.5x11.5, giving a this white border to calm things down a bit. And see the red and yellow dotted paper strips above and below the photos? That's the reverse side of the background, I had 2 1/2' strips leftover that were put to good use. For the large circular element of the sketch, I scribbled a circle on a bright blue paper and then hand-cut to create a messy, artsy circle. I knew I wanted "foodies" as my title, but sadly my Thicker collection is MIA, and I was too lazy to plug in the Cricut. So I just hand-wrote the title in grey pen on a light blue scrap and fussy cut it out. Not the best, but it did the trick! 

Thanks for stopping by, I'll have a few more layouts to share later in the week. =) T



3 comments:

  1. Cool take on the sketch! That background paper is perfect with your photos! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love your circle element and the super fun paper for these fab pics! Thank you for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, less than 20 minutes? Awesome. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!