Monday, March 19, 2018

Life's a Climb

Hello crafty friends! It's a cold but sunny day here in Massachusetts. I had a few pics of a sight-seeing adventure we went on last fall, and I thought the sketch from Stick it Down would work well. 


and here's the sketch:

I must admit, at first glance I found this sketch to be intimidating. But scrapbook challenges are all about trying something new and taking risks right? I scrolled through the great examples from the Design Team and then got started. 

First, I needed a long title, so off to Pinterest I went and searched for "view quotes". Found a few great ones, but the winner was "Life's a climb but the view is great." The last few years have been FILLED with challenges here at home, but we do our best to tak eit in stride and try to find the good in every day. This quote not only fit the pictures literally (the view was spectacular), but also figuratively with what we've been dealing with. NOw I don't have a machine that will cut letters out like this (and oh how I wish I did) so I hand-wrote the title and painstakenly cut it out with my craft knife. It was a good activity to do while watching a movie. I also popped the background up on foam so that the title had a bit of a shadow behind it. I cut my photos in 3.5" squares and popped them on foam as well, giving lots of space to tuck little elements behind. All the paper and embellishments are from the October Hip Kit Club. Still plugging away at those awesome kits! 

Thanks for stopping by! =) T


5 comments:

  1. What a great title for the page. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    Colleen--DT for SID
    http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your title work is amazing. I am not good at all with my craft knife. Thanks so much for joining us at SID!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an inspiring page!! You did a fabulous job with the title!! I also love the journaling
    thanks for joining us at Stick it Down

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Love the title!! Glad you joined us at Stick It Down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on handcutting your title. Thanks for playing along at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!