Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Ready for Adventure

Hello crafty friends! Back with another layout I created from the creative nest that is my new craft room. Don't you just love when inspiration strikes? 

I decided to play along with the Feel the Beat challenge at Paper Issues. They're challenging you to create a layout inspired by the album cover from Twentyone Pilots:

No automatic alt text available.

As soon as I saw this challenge, I KNEW I had the perfect paper to use. My friend Karen had given all her attendees at last week's crop a little kit of supplies from Creative Memories, and it was just waiting to be scrapped! The colors of the papers are black, red, and yellow, and I wasn't sure how I'd put them to use, but this challenge fit them PERFECTLY! 

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

I hand-cut circles from white cardstock to mimic the circles on the album, and this also fit in well with the latest challenge over at Pile It On, circles! Strips of yellow paper for my journaling (the reverse of the  background) mimicked the band name and title on the cover. I added a vellum mat behind the photo to soften the edges a bit. Then I tucked a chipboard tag I had from a pair of jeans behind the pic, top and bottom, fitting in with the tag challenge at Challenge Up Your Life. I carried the stars from the background throughout the layout with a few wood veneer stars, a metal star clip and a red puffy star. 

Thanks for stopping by! =) T

1 comment:

  1. Cute layout, love the patterned paper! Thank you for joining us at Pile It On! Challenge Blog ~Marciava ~ Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!