Monday, August 1, 2011

Making a Splash at Paper Issues

Happy Monday! There's a new theme over at Paper Issues, Make a Splash! You can create anything splash-related, just be sure to include paper in your project!! For my contibution, I created a piece of wall-art that is hanging in my bathroom to welcome summer:


I first painted a canvas with a few shades of rust and brown; layered a roughed-up sheet of chocolate cardstock and a sweet photo of my kiddos splashing in the waves. I then pulled out my stash of Magnetic Poetry, and added the words, "beautiful with the promise of sun, water and play" (just love how those little boxes of words can make me feel all poetically taletend!!). Clipped it all onto a fabulous jumbo clipboard painted with chakboard paint, and wrote "hello summer"!

Now it's your turn! Hop on over to Paper Issues and link up your splashy projects- as many as you want, old or new, and maybe you'll be featured in an upcoming post! =) T

Challenges:
-Paper Issues make a splash
-Creative Inspirations summer
-Critter Sketch Challenge summer fun
-Make it Monday anything goes
-Pile It On stay cool
-If the Shoe Fits summer

8 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Tiffany & I bet it looks fabulous in your bathroom :)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the clipboard idea. Did u modpodge it? I love the little words at the bottom super job on the challenge.beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great summer projects! Love the photo too! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project and a great idea! Thanks for playing with Critter Sketch this week and good luck!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a wonderful photo to welcome in Summer. Great project. Saw you on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful scene .. wish i was there lol

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
    Lisa x
    ps you could also enter the challenge at By the cute and girly this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there .lovely wall hanger .very artistic . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea and a really great photo to look at! Thanks for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!