Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day!


Today is World Card Making Day, how are you celebrating? I am enjoying this special day by participating in the Blog Hop over at Operation Write Home. OWH is a fabulous organization that gathers cards to send to our troops- and then those troops get to send lovely hand-made greetings home to their loved ones!

I'm going to be making up a big old batch of cards to send in, so I created a simple design that is easy to mass-produce:

I created the "let it snow" sentiment on the computer and sized it so it would fit perfectly in my 1.5" circle punch. I also punched out 1.5" circles out of 3 different shades of blue, and layered little punched snowflakes on each. After arranging on my olive base, I added little white pindots with a white gel pen around the edge, and my simple card is complete!

I hope you'll have a chance to see all the great cards being created today through the OWH Blog Hop, and maybe jump in and make a batch yourself! As thanks for stopping by, I have a little gifty of goodies from my etsy shop. Just be a follower and leave a comment, and I'll choose one lucky person at random on Monday! =) T

1 comment:

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!