Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And While I'm at It....

Have the whole house to myself today- one kiddo is with a friend and the other is with DH on the slopes, so I'm making the most of the quiet and trying out a few challenges! There's one over at Scrap Outside the Box....asking you to use posicle sticks on a layout. Weird, but right up my scrapping alley! Here's what I've come up with:

I used my handy dandy Sharpie to write the title on the popsicle stick (it was in the kids craft supplies, think it might actually be a tongue depresser...) and then used my crop-o-dile to attach 2 jumbo eyelets. One problem though, the wood split a bit as the crop-o-dile was in action, but I'm just going to let that be part of the artistic charm! =) T

7 comments:

  1. I would have never thought to use popsicle sticks but it's a great idea! Really like what you did with it and what a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! love your handwriting - it's so pretty :) thanks for playing along with us at sotb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! Creative place to put your journaling. Thanks for playing along at SOTB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I love this!! It's adorable! the popsicle stick makes the perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you used the popsicle stick! I have a huge box of them; when you buy them at Michael's they call them "craft sticks", but I'm not fooled. Is that Scenic Route paper on your layout? I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout! Cute little man too! What a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!