Monday, February 7, 2011

Lasting Memories Cricut Challenge & Bday Girl Challenge # 7

Are you crazy for your Cricut? If so, then you must hop on over to Lasting Memories and check out this week's challenge.  Get inspired with all the creations of the talented DT members, and then head off to your craft space to start scrapping! Show off your new cartidge you just picked up, or dig out some old die-cuts; here's what I came up with:
Now here's the up-close and personal look at my title, can you see my trick?
I LOVE making a flat title stand out by using dimensional ABC stickers, foam, chipboard, etc...but sometimes just don't have the right font/color needed for the layout. Cricut to the rescue! To make a "faux" chipboard title like I did using your Cricut, simply cut out each letter 5-7 times, run through your xyron and then layer them to give that added dimesion!

Ready to give your Cricut a try? Link up your die-cutting creation over at Lasting Memories by Saturday, February 12th-you could be chosen as one of the Top 3!! Oh and don't forget about my month-long Birthday Girl Challenge- one lucky winner will be receiving a RAK of birthday goodies; I'm drawing the winner on February 22, my birthday! You can enter to win 2 different ways today: 1-leave a comment for me letting me know you've taken part in the challenge at  Lasting Memories  2- BONUS 3 ENTRIES when you try MY CHALLENGE of creating a "faux" chipboard title!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with, happy Cricutting! =) T

6 comments:

  1. What a great layout and love the pics! I like doing the same with my titles as well, just adds a little something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to give dimension to those letters. I'm such a thickers fan that my cricut is much neglected but you're right, sometime you don't have the right size, font or color and this is a great idea!!! Oh and super cute layout! Love that bird paper and what great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's completely adorable even with that front tooth gab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable layout Tiffany. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea/tip! I never thought to do that with my Cricut. Great layout, cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!