Friday, February 25, 2011

Hold your Horses & Birthday Girls!

Having fun with a few challenges today, 1st up:

Pictures of our horseback riding adventures were not great, the batteries died before the kiddos even got on the horse!!! These 3 pics on the layout are the best I could do; thankfully I was surprised with a new camera for my bday, hopefully this won't happen again soon! Didn't even get a chance to snap pics of the 3 other cousins that were there with us that day- have I mentioned how excited I am that I got a new camera? This layout SOOOO very quick and easy thanks to the great inspiration out in blog world. First I started with this sketch from Crafty Sketches, and then used this color scheme from Creative Prompts. Olive, greys and whites would never have crossed my mind, but I love how they work together, and the lines on their photo insiration really went well with the sketch. I decided to do a bit of embossing in silver, as suggested by Fussy and Fancy. You can see it on the border across the top of the photos, in my title, and the flourish in the bottom left corner.

And here's the 2nd layout I have to show you:

No special stories or techniques with this one! Used a fun and funky star paper on the bottom, and then cut out 3 of the stars to use as accents at the top- quick and cheap way to embellish your page and it's SURE to match!! I added a little safety pin to each star as a little added embellie, and then did some faux stitching around the top edge and scallop. I probably would have preferred pulling out the sewing machine for ACTUAL stitching on the layout, but my bobbin needs to be threaded, and I am clueless on this. Need mom to come over for this one, so for now, faux stitching it is!! =) T

"Hold Your Horses" qualifies for the following challenges:
-Creative Prompts color scheme
-Crafty Sketches sketch
-Fussy and Fancy embossing

"Birthday Girls" qualifies for the following challenges:
-Frosted Designs metal
-Paper Variety stitching
-Twisted Sketches sketch+pins

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic layouts! Love your take on the Twisted Sketch this week, thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page using this week's photo inspiration Tiffany! Thanks for playing along this week!

    Ally
    http://creativeprompts4u.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on our sketch Tiffany
    many thanks for joining in
    Sheena x - twisted Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute LOs. Love the design oThank you for playing with us at Frosted Designs.n both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts! Love that monster paper too! Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet are those layouts - love them both
    Thank you for joining us over at TWISTED SKETCHES

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute photos! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Variety :) Be sure to stop back next Wednesday for our BLOG HOP :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hehehe! that cake looks delicious!!! great job with the journaling around the border! thanks for joining in at Frosted Designs metal challenge this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layouts! Love the design from the second, especially how you wrote the journaling and placed the stars! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Paper Variety!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic take on the crafty sketch Tiffany .. thankyou for playing along in Crafty Sketches X:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What sweet layouts! Both are adorable! I love the purple in the second one......it's so pretty without being overwhelming. And those safety pins are a perfect touch!

    Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout! I love the colors and how fun the feel of the layout is! Thank you for participating in our challenge at TPV!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!