Friday, February 18, 2011

A Journaling Challenge at Punky Scraps

This weeks challenge at Punky Scraps is journaling-themed, and Nat has given us this piece of prose to use as our jumping-off point:

Quite a good bit of advice don't ya think? I've been in quite a rut lately, and this sort of hit me hard- but I guess maybe in a good way. It got me off my butt and into the studio for some theraputic time with paint and paper, here's what I came up with:


This layout was LOTS of fun to make, and very quick and easy too! I started with a piece of white CS, squirted a bit of pink, grey and balck craft paint,and then smeared in one fell swoop with a toungue depressor. I did the same thing to a strip of white CS I had printed the journiling on, but just in pink; and layered to the background. For my grey circle, I scribbled a circle a few times with my handy-dandy sharpie and then hand-cut so it wasn't too perfect. My photo was adhered to the grey, and then tacked down with black electrical tape for quick and not-so-pretty photo corners. Smeared a small amount of paint on my title before edging with my spiral notebook punch and then tucked behind my photo. And....there ys have it!

Would love to have you pop on over to Punky Scraps and see what the rest of the DT has come up with. Hopefully you'll play along with our challenge too! When you do, be sure to come on back here and let me know, you'll be entered in my Bday Girl Challenge- I'm giving one lucky follower a lovely little package of bday-themed goodies on 2/22/11 (my Bday!!) =) T

"Minute of Happiness" qualifies for the following challenges:
-Punky Scraps journaling prompt
-Nerdy Victorious Scrappers color scheme
-Frosted Designs no pattern paper
-Scrapbookers Paradise distressing

11 comments:

  1. beautiful layout, love your take on the distressing, thank you for joining us over at Scrapbookers Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the creative way you created the background by smearing the paint on it! The LO is beautiful! Thanks for taking on our no PP challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this LO looks like you had a LOT of fun creating it! looks brilliant! love the colours you have used too! thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! I love the paint done that way...might just have to try that! Love the circles on the gray circle too.

    Love it all! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout. Love the bravery in your journaling. Thanks for playing along with us nerdy girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsers! What a beautiful layout! Love the use of the paint! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    Ally
    http://www.scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Love the paint and the funky photo corners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout! Love the paint and your distressing looks great! Thanks for playing in paradise with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a total dud with paint so this makes me swoon...wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. this is soo funky & unique! I love the colours soo much! Thanks for playing along with Paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just fabulous! I love the colors, the text and the layout. My fav, I think, though, is that amazing painting! I don't see this technique often enough!
    Thanks for Playing in Paradise! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments put a smile on my face, please let me know you stopped by!